Thursday, June 20, 2013

Now, where was I...

Much to my surprise, it turns out that I'm cold blooded.  If the temperature is in the 50's or lower, I find myself hunkering down inside my cabin, heater turned on, with all sorts of excuses to not work on boat projects or get out sailing.  This pretty much ruled out boat related activity all winter and for most of the spring.  It never used to be this way.  Luckness' log book is full of trips I made previously in what I would now consider 'freezing' conditions.  I blame the single season of cruising in warm waters the previous winter for my cold bloodedness.  I have no idea what shape I'll be in after cruising warm waters for a second and the subsequent seasons, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Anyway.  Seattle weather has made a turn generally for the warmer and there have been many weeks of Very Fine weather here.  Once it crept above 60 degrees and stopped raining, I sprung into action and started to whittle my way through my growing project list - I've made some good progress.

My software project, LuckNews, has gone through 10 versions since I first released it in early January.  The 10th version, version 2.0.2, has been submitted to the App store and barring any major foulups I'll leave it alone for a while.  Its been fun working on software again, and the Mac is a fantastic development platform, but its time for the sailing thing to take priority as I have places to go and a very loose schedule to keep.

My sailing plans are still on, and still fairly loose.  I'll be leaving in late August or early September to head down the coast to California, then Mexico.  I'll leave Mexico in early to mid March for the Marquesas, the Tuamotus and then Tahiti.  I'll need to leave French Polynesia three months after I arrive due to visa restrictions.   That's about the extent of my planning for this trip so far - beyond that there are lots of options and the version of me that I become by the time I get to that point will make the decisions about where to go.

I've been following some other cruisers blogs as they visit areas in the South Pacific that I'm hoping to visit in 2014.  This post has no pictures.  If you want to be inspired by some pictures of idyllic areas, visit Bella Star as they spend time in the Tuamotus.  When I think of myself being in those areas I get all tingly with excitement.

I have a few project posts that I want to catch up on, so expect a few of those coming up.  Rather than pictures of blue lagoons I'll be posting pictures of custom locker gaskets, mods to an autopilot, and other project goodies.


All is well here, I hope the same is true with all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from Luckness again. The sun shines... a good day. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new post deserves a comment or two! Great to have you back on line!

    ReplyDelete