Monday, March 5, 2012

La Paz: See ya later!


Just a quick note that I'l  be leaving La Paz an hour or so after this is posted.  I was going to write up a long post about La Paz, but find I'm out of time - I may write something up later.  The short versions is: this town is awesome.  The people are super friendly and the town is interesting.

I'll be leaving here and stopping at a number of anchorages as I make my way down the coast toward the tip of the Baja peninsula.

There are basically five destinations for boats from here: north into the sea of cortez where they can avoid the hurricane season; south along the coast to avoid the hurricane area; toward the South Pacific; to Hawaii; or back up the coast to America.  There are a number of boats I've met who are heading to the South Pacific - every time I hear them talking among theirs selves about their destination, I feel a little pang of longing to join them.  My plan is to head over to Hawaii and from there back to the Pacific Northwest.  I'm looking forward to everything about this next phase of my trip: the passage, arriving in Hawaii and cruising around.

I should be starting my passage either late this week or early next.  The boat is ready to go, I believe I have all the provisions I need, and I'm feeling good.


2 comments:

  1. May the seas rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your deck.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

    This old irish blessing is modified to fit you and your boat. You have a couple of irish ancestors on both sides so this fits. Be safe and happy,
    Love, Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about this crossing... The Pacific is a big ocean. But if someone can pull it off, it's you Craig; you're one of the smartest and most focused people I know! Bon voyage.

    ReplyDelete