I try not to edit old posts in my blog in any major way. One example of this is that I leave spelling and grammatical mistakes in posts I make while on passage - on a passage you get tired and spelling takes a hit. I also try not to edit old posts when I change my mind - this blog is a peek into my cruising life, not a complete one, but still a little view of what its like "out there." Or what its like for me, anyway. So, while I was tempted to delete my previous post, I'm not going to - I've changed my mind. It happens.
Yesterday I had convinced myself that I would leave Fiji today for my passage to New Zealand. I also mentioned that this would have been my first passage where I didn't really like the weather window but was planning to launch into it anyway. I was feeling some schedule pressure - there is a Cruisers Rally in Opua, New Zealand from Nov 16-22. I was there for it last year and it was a fun social time. If I leave today, I would be there for the rally, but likely after a slow and possibly frustrating trip.
Todays GRIB files (weather forecasts) for both GFS and CMC are showing a nice weather window if I leave next Monday, 6 days from now. The winds become much more uniform over the whole area between Fiji and NZ. Also, the spinning low what has been deepening with each new forecast, a little east of my track, appearing on Friday would no longer be a concern.
I'll leave Fiji eventually - but not today.