Monday, September 19, 2011

Docked in Monterey marina

Lat/Lon: 36 36.148 121 53.406

I'm docked. It's hot once you get off the water! It was a beautiful sail yesterday and last night. I've had clear blue skies for two days now. Last night was a brilliant clear sky with bonus phosphorescence in the water. The wind slowly died until I was 6 miles away from my destination at which point I furled the sails and motored over to the marina as I prepped the boat.

I have lots of e-stuff to catch up on.

That's all for now. Signing off.

P.s. I saw a pelican! I'm not in Seattle anymore :-)

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing this first passage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin & Bev sv MersoleilSeptember 21, 2011 at 6:57 AM

    Following your comments with interest, Craig! We're almost ready to leave Seattle, but it's beginning to look like we'll have to wait out the effects of that hurricane force L up in the Alaska Sea. Hoping some of the big seas generated by that storm will flatten out over the long fetch before we reach Cape Flattery and turn left.

    How fortunate that the cat naps are working out for you. We've settled on a 3 and 4 hour watch system with a 2 hour watch at weatherfax time when Robin will man the SSB during my short watch and I will prepare meals during his.

    Do report on whether or not the potatoes work as claimed. Their quality as seasickness medication came as news to us!

    Congratulations on a great passage south and your smart decisions to heave to and avoid those gales.

    ReplyDelete